Rice - 1 cup
Pudina/ Mint Leaves - 1 cup( 1 small bunch)
Green Peas - 1/4 cup
Green chilli- 2 nos
Cloves - 2
Elaichi - 1
Cinnamon - 1 small
Coriander leaves - few
Ghee - 3 tsp
Water - 2 cups
* Cut onion Lengthwise, wash and cut pudina leaves.
* Heat ghee in a kadai and add cloves, elaichi and cinnamon and let it splutter. Then add green chilli to this.
* Add the chopped onions to this.
* Fry the onions till it becomes golden brown.
* Add mint leaves and saute the same. Once the leaves become soft add green peas to this. Fry for 2 mins.
* Add the washed rice and saute for a minute. Add coriander leaves and salt.
* Transfer the contents into pressure cooker and add the water. ( 2 cups of water for 1 cup of rice)
* Cook till 3 whistles and once it is done, add some ghee on top of it before serving.
1)You can garnish with fried cashew nuts for flavor
2)Mint leaves, green chilli and coriander leaves can be made into a paste also
3)Garlic can be added for enhanced taste.
4)Basmati rice can be used instead of normal rice.
This can be served with cucumber or carrot raita and pappad.