Most people do not like to eat okra or bhindi because itis squishy. However, if you pick the right bhindi recipe, you can have thisvegetable in a crispy way. In thisrecipe, Bhindi is made with lots of red chillies and tomatoes making it lookred hot and spicy, which is how an Indian curry is supposed to look.
Preparation Time : 10 Minutes
Cooking Time : 25 Minutes
Cuisine : North Indian
Serves ; 4
Fresh Bhindi / Okra ( chopped) 250gms
Tomatoes (Sliced ) 3 Nos
Green Chilies ( Slit) 2 Nos.
Ginger Paste 1 Teaspoon
Salt To Taste
Red chili Powder 1 Teaspoon
Amchur Powder / Dry Mango powder 1 Teaspoon
Chat Masala Powder ½ Teaspoon
Turmeric Powder ¼ Teaspoon
Coriander Powder 1 Teaspoon
Oil 2 Tablespoon
Fennel seeds/Sombhu 1 Teaspoon
Cumin seeds ½ Teaspoon
- Mix all masala powders. Keep aside.
- Chop the Bhindi into 1 inch piece and marinate with thismasala for 10-15 minutes
- Heat oil in a pan and season it with fennel seeds, and cuminseeds.
- Then add the marinated bhindi to the pan. Stir regularlyand saut on low flame for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the ginger- paste and green chillies to the pan and blend it in. Cook for 2-3minutes on low flame.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and sprinkle salt. Mix it well;cover and cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Your Achari BhindiBhaji is ready to serve.
- Acharibhindimasala can be enjoyed with steamed basmati rice or rotis.
- It is a superb treat for the Bhindi Lovers and vegans!