Take apause to savor the crunchy Aloo Bonda: An easy recipe for deep fried balls madeof potato and chickpea flour. This Aloo Bonda is a south Indian version. ..
For Potato Masala
BigPotatoes 4 no.
Finelychopped Green Chilies 3 no.
GratedGinger 1 Tbsp.
Crushedfennel seeds 1Tsp.
Finelychopped curry leaves 1 Tbsp.
Finelychopped coriander leaves 1 Tbsp.
Turmericpowder 1/8 Tsp.
Salt to Taste
Gramflour (Besan) 1 Cup
RiceFlour ¼ cup
Water ¼- ½ cup
Redchili powder 1 Tsp.
Salt 1/8 Tsp.
Bakingsoda a pinch (Optional)
CookingOil forDeep Frying
Preparing Potato Masala
- Boilthe potatoes, then peel and mash them when they are still warm.
- Addsalt, Turmeric powder, Fennel seeds, coriander& curry leaves and greenchilies to the mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Makesmall to Medium sized balls from this mixture. Keep aside.
- Ina big bowl, add all the Batter ingredients. Add little water bit by bit andmixing with hand make a batter. Neither too thick nor too loose.
For Making Bonda:
- Heatoil in a kadai. Drop a drop of batter into the oil, if it raises from thesurface immediately, then the oil is ready to fry the bondas. Now reduce theflame to medium
- Dipeach potato ball in the batter and coat it well with the batter.
- Carefullydrop the balls into the hot oil and fry the bondas until they turn goldencolor.
- Drainaloo Bonda on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Servehot with Coconut chutney and hot chai or coffee.
Ifyou like this recipe, you might like myother Bonda Recipes
Ifyou found this post useful, I would really love it if you pin it or share itwith your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or Google+ circles today. All ittakes is a simple click on the “pin it” “like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+buttons below the post. It will keep me motivated.