|Zaffran Elachi Pulao|
Pulao is a popular Indian rice dish madewith spices, basmati rice and vegetables. In this Pulao I used driedcranberries as alternative to raisins to add flavor, texture and rich in color.This fabulous Pulao is a great accompaniment to any meal. I served this tastyand hearty dish with Raita.
Basmati Rice 1 ½ cup
Saffron threads 1/8 Tsp
Water 2 cups
Dry cranberries ½ cup
Chopped carrots & green peas ¼ cup
Finely minced fresh ginger 1 tbsp.
Finely chopped mint 1 tbsp.
Ghee 2 tbsp.
Salt to taste.
Sugar 1/2 tsp.
Green Cardamons 5 pods
Cinnamon stick 1inch 2 no.
Black peppercorns ¼ tsp.
Fried Dry cranberries few
Fried Cashew Nuts 2 tbsp.
Chopped cilantro & mint for decoration
- Rinse the rice in cold water and remove theexcess starch and drain.
- Soak the rice in cold water for 45 minutes.Drain and set aside.
- Take a large kadai with a lid.
- Heat the ghee over medium heat and fry thecinnamon, cardamom and black pepper corns about 1 minute.
- Now add the chopped carrots and green peasand saut about 5 minutes.
- Mix ginger, chopped mint leaves and saffronthreads in it and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Then add the basmati rice,cranberries,salt andwater and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered , untilall the water has been observed and the rice is done.
- Transfer to the serving bowl and decoratewith friend Cashew Nuts, cranberries andchopped cilantro and mint leaves.
- Serve hot with Raita.