In India, MangaInji (Curcuma manga/ mango Ginger/White Turmeric ) is sold along with lemon and Fresh GreenPepper on the sidewalks. It is verypopular pickle in South India. MangaInji resembles a ginger, but tastes like a raw mango. My sister in law Nalinigave some manga Inji(Thanks Nalini). Next day itself, I made two types ofpickles.
Chopped Manga Inji 1 cupLemon 1 no.
Finely chopped Green chilies 4 no.
Lemon Juice 2 Tbsp.
Salt 1 Tsp.
Oil 1 Tsp.
Mustard seeds ¼ Tsp.
Asafetida powder 1/8 Tsp.
Turmeric powder 1/8 Tsp.
Curry leaves Few
- Wash mango ginger and dry completely. Cut the mangoginger into small bits.
- Chop the lemon into thin pieces.
- Combine the sliced ginger with other ingredientsthoroughly.
- Temper seasonings in oil and pour it in to the pickle and mix well.
- Store it in a glass jar and use after a day.
- Store it in the refrigerator.
- Serve with curd rice.