Sweet vermicelli cooked to perfection with raisins andalmonds, a great and quick dessert to be enjoyed with a cup of coffee or chai. It is so simple to make and it tastes awesome.It tastes even better when topped with khoa. I made this dish in less fat and less sugar, if you want more taste, youcan add more sugar and ghee.
Vermicelli ( Thin ones) 1 cup
Water 1 cup
Sugar ½ cup
Crushed Green Cardamoms 4 no.
Ghee 1tbsp+1 tsp.
Fried Raisins & Cashews for Garnishing
Kesar color a pinch
- In a pan put one teaspoon ghee and fry the vermicellitill light brown. Constantly stir it toensure even browning. Keep aside.
- In the same pan add one tsp of ghee and fry the cashewnuts and raisins. Keep aside.
- Take a frying pan, add water and bring into boil.
- Now add the fried vermicelli and cook till soft.
- Now add sugar,crushed cardamons and color in it. Mix it well.
- Cook till it thickens in low flame.
- Add remaining ghee and stir thoroughly and make sure andwater is completely absorbed.
- Garnish with fried cashew nuts, and raisins.
- Transfer it to a glass bowl.
- Serve hot chilled with tea or as snacks.
- For Health reasons, I made this dish in less fat andless sugar. You can add khoya or milkmaid for more creamy tasty. If you want more taste, you can add more sugar and ghee.
- Instead of water, you can add whole milk also.