This creamy dish delights with tiny potatoes, savory spinachand just the right amount of spice, intensely flavorful, loaded with nutrientsand the delicious ingredients will set your taste buds tingling! There are manyways of making Aloo Palak and here is my version of potato spinach recipe.Servethis Aloo spinach curry with equally delicious Naan for a scrumptious meal.
Prep Time : 20 Mins
Servings : 4 People
Cooking Time: 30 Mins
Recipe Category: Vegetable Sabzis
Recipe Cuisine : North Indian
Fresh Spinach/ Palak - 3 Cups
Boiled Potato - 4 Nos.
Oil for fryPotatoes 2 Tablespoons
Salt To Taste
Sugar 1 Teaspoon
Fresh Cabbage 1 cup
Tomato Puree ½ cup
Coconut Paste 3 Tablespoon
Red Chili Powder 1 Teaspoon
Coriander Powder 1Tablespoon
Garam Masala Pow 1 Teaspoon
Ghee 2 Teaspoon
Cumin Seeds 1 Teaspoon
Cream 1 Tablespoon(Optional)
For Spinach Puree:
- Wash and Clean the Spinach. Bring waterto a boil, add the spinach and cook briefly until tender. Drain and put it inthe ice cold water for 4 minutes. Once cooled, drain and tossed in a blender tomake a puree.
For CabbagePaste: ,
- Wash the chopped cabbage and addit to a pan along with 1/4 cup water. Cover and let it simmer for 3-4 minutesor until tender. Allow it to cool down completely. Blendit to a paste. Keep aside.
For Coconut Paste:
- Grind the fresh coconut with 1 table spoon of water . Keep aside.
- Peel the boiled potatoes and dice them like cubes andshallow fry , until light brown in color and crispy,and keep aside.
- Assemble ingredients for the gravy.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add cumin seeds.
- Add cabbage paste, tomato paste and cookfor a minute.
- Mix in spices and cook for another minute.
- Add coconut paste and cook for 1 minute until oil starts to separate.
- Pour in coarsely grounded palak.
Mix it well.
- Mix it Well.
- Add the fried potatoes.
- Adjust the seasonings and bring to a simmer. Cook for 2–3 minutesuntil heated through.
- Feel free to add cream on top.
Serve immediately with Chapati, Nan