Palakpaneer is one of the most loved north Indian dishes by many. I have already posted the regular PalakPaneer check the link here. Palak Paneer. The Mughlai version has a slight twist to it. Thisis very quick and easy recipe and it tastes awesome. If you like Moghalaigravies, then try this one. Very easy to prepare and tastes delicious and goeswell with roti or chapatti or even with pulao.
PaneerCubes 1 cup
FreshSpinach (Palak) 1 Bunch
FreshCream Or Milk ½cup
GingerPaste 1 Tsp.
Greenchilies 2 no.
Tomatoes(Chopped) 2 no.
GramMasala Powder ½ Tsp.
Redchili Powder 1 Tsp.
Corianderpowder ½ Tsp.
Cardamom 2 no.
Cloves 2 no.
Cuminseed ¼ Tsp.
Salt asper taste
To Be Ground Into A Smooth Paste (using A Little Water)
Cashew nuts 8 no.
PoppySeeds (KhusKhus) 1 tbsp.
Almonds 8 no.
- Soakthe cashews, almonds and poppy seeds in hot water for 30 mins. Peel the almond skin and grind altogether finepaste. Keep this aside.
- Washthe Palak under running tap water. Blanch the spinach leaves in hot water for 3mins now immediately place them on chilled ice water. This process will helpthe leaves to retain its green color. Grind spinach with green chilies to make a smoothpuree. Keep aside.
- Heata deep pan with oil; add cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves and cumin, when they beginto splutter Add ginger paste and saut for a min.
- Nowadd tomatoes, fry till they turn mushy.
- Nowadd the grounded white paste. Saut for 2 to 3 mins add milk Or cream. Simmerfor another 3 to 4 mins. It's time to add red chili powder, turmeric, corianderseed powder and garam masala powder. Saut for a minute.
- Pourthe Palak puree and simmer for another 7 to 8 mins.
- Adjustsalt. Bring it to a boil, Keep stirring in between.
- Addthe Paneer cubes mix lightly and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes,while stirring occasionally. Garnishwith cream and coriander leave
- Servehot with parathas.
- Take care not to add too much water or too much milk as itwill make your gravy thin. Thicker gravy tastes better.
- If you want to low fat Palak paneer use skimmed milk insteadof cream.