Happy New year my dearviewers...you made me feel extra special each and every moment..a huge thanksto all of you...
After a long time , I am posting sweet recipe today. Thisbarfi is extremely rich in taste and makes a perfect sweet for any festival. Theauthentic recipe calls for 1 cup besan + 1 cup coconut + 1 cup milk + 1 cupghee + 3 cups sugar. In This I reduced the sugar level and increase the besan and coconut Quantities.. So here is the recipe with somechanges I made along the way . If you look for something easy and yet elegantthen try this burfi, just make sure the consistency is right
Difficulty level : Easy - Medium
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time : 30 min
Gram Flour / Besan -
1 1/2 Cup
1 1/4 Cup
Grated Fresh Coconut
1 1/2 Cup
- Grease a cookie sheet with butter/oil and set it aside
- Roast the sliced almonds in a tsp of ghee until lightgolden color. Keep them aside.
- In the same Pan, roast the chickpea flour on a lowmedium flame until a nice aroma comes and the color slightly changes, takingcare not to burn it. Keep it aside.
- Next to the same Pan add all the ingredients ie. slightlyroasted Besan, Grated Coconut ,Sugar, Ghee , Cardamom Powder and milk . Mixwell so that no lumps are formed . Once everything is mixed well , place thekadai on flame.
- Stir continuously on a low medium flame.
- Mixture will start leaving sides of the pan in about 15-20minutes. It should start forming ball in the •When the mixture start leavingthe sides of the pan with a porous texture, turn off the flame. Middle of thepan.
- Immediately pour the mixture on a greased tray and level itwith a spatula.
- Sprinkle the roasted almonds on top and press gently
- When still warm, make markings of desired shape and size.
- Separate the Barfis when its cooled down completely andstore in an airtight container.
- Stay good for a week at room temperature and more ifrefrigerated.
- You can make this burfi with original recipe measurements. (Besan:Coconut:Ghee: Mik:Sugar = 1:1:1:1:3).
- You have to constantly stir the mixture to avoid getting itburnt. Also do not increase the heat as color will not be as pretty.
- Taste of 7 cup burfi and mysore pak is very different sodon't get confuse.
- Enjoy the delicious and easy burfi.