PavakkaiKichadi is a traditional Kerala dish made using fried bitter gourd and yogurt.
RecipeType: Side dish, Kerala Onam & VishuSadya Recipes
Cuisine: Kerala, South Indian
Finelychopped Bitter gourd 1 cup
ThickPlain Yogurt/Curd 1 cup
Gratedginger 1 Tbsp.
Mustardseeds ½ Tsp.
Finelychopped Green chilies 3 no.
Oil fordeep frying
Coconut oil 1 Tsp.
Mustardseeds ¼ Tsp.
Redchili 1 no.
- Fry the Pavakkai/ Bitter gourd, Green Chilly and Curry leaves till it is brown and crisp.When it’s almost brown take itoff from the oil and keep aside.
- Grindgrated coconut, ginger and mustard seeds to a fine paste. Mix the curd to thispaste. Add Fried items into curd. Addsalt and mix it well.
- Heat coconutoil, splutter mustard seeds, curry leaves ,red chilies and hing. Add theseasoning to the curd mix. Decorate withcoriander leaves.
- Now Pavakkaikichadi is ready to serve.
- Servewith steam plain rice.