Cracked Wheat Uppuma or Dalia Uppuma is a very healthyand nutritious way to start your day. Wheat is a nutritious food containingProtein, Carbohydrates, Fiber, Iron and very less amount of fat. Normally I makethis Uppuma on Ekadasi days. You mayalso add other veggies of your choice to make it more colorful and tasty. This is very good breakfast for Diabetics
Roasted Cracked Wheat ½ cup
Cooked Garbanzo beans ¼ cup
Grated Ginger 1 Tbsp.
Curry leaves few
Coconut oil / Ghee 1 Tbsp.
Mustard seeds ½ Tsp.
Urdh dhal ¼ Tsp.
Chenna dhal ¼Tsp.
Red chilies 3 no.
Green chilies 1no.
- Wash the broken wheat in running water and drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add all above seasonings, gingerand curry leaves and fry for a minute.
- Add 1 cup of water and salt in it and bring to boil.
- Simmer the flame, add the wheat slowly& cooked Garbanzobeans(Kabuli chenna), stirring continuously to prevent it from forming lumps.
- Cover and cook on low flame, stirring in between, till all thewater has evaporated and it become soft.
- Now low fat healthy breakfast is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with pickle, Sambhar and Chutney.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:(see the Links)
If you found this post useful, I would really love it if you pin it orshare it with your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or Google+ circles today. All it takes is a simple click on the “pin it” “like,” “share,”“tweet,” or Google+ buttons below the post. It will keepme motivated
|Broken Wheat Uppuma|