Rice 1 Cup, Moong Dal 1/4 Cup, Black Pepper Powder to taste, Zeera 1 Tbsp, Chopped ginger 1 Tbsp, Chopped chillies(green and red) 1 Tbsp, Mustard seeds 1 Tsp, Cashew nuts, Chopped curry leaves, Ghee 2 Tbsp, Refined oil, Salt to taste
* Heat pressure pan in medium flame. Add oil,zeera,mustard seeds,chillies(green and red),ginger,curry leaves and saute for few minutes.
* Then add 6 cups water,1 cup rice,1/4 cup moong dal and salt to taste.
* After 5-6 whistles, turnoff the heat and set a side.
* Now heat 1 Tbsp of ghee in a small pan and roast the cashew nuts until golden and crisp.
* Once the rice-dal mixture is cooked, add the cashew nuts including ghee and black pepper powder to the mixture.
* Ghee enhances the flavor of this dish. Serve hot with ghee and coconut chutney