Rice - 1.5 cups
Coconut - 4 tsp
Toor dal - 4 tsp
Jeera - 1 tsp
Pepper seeds or powder - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Red chillies - 4
Coconut Oil- 4 tsp
Curry Leaves - for flavour
salt- as needed
* Grind coarsely rice, toor dal, cumin seeds(Jeera) and pepper.
* Heat coconut oil in a cooker and add mustard seeds and let that splutter
* Add hing, red chillies, curry leaves.
* Add 3 cups of water (double the quantity of rice) to this and add salt.
* Once the water starts boiling, slowly add the grounded rice and make sure there is no lump formed by continously stirring it.
* Close the lid and pressure cook it for 10 mins and switch off the flame after 2 whistles.
This can be served along with green chutney.