The refreshing cold cucumber salad isperfect for a summer lunch or dinner.This salad is very good for diabetics.
English cucumber 1no (Peeled, and diced)
Medium Carrots 4 no (Grated)
Green chilies 2 no (Slit lengthwise and seeded)
Finely chopped mint leaves 2tbsp.
Lemon juice 1 tbsp.
Low fat Plain yogurt ¼ cup.
Sesame seeds 2 tbsp. (Dry roasted& ground)
Cumin seeds 2 tbsp. (Dry roasted& ground)
Chilipowder ¼ tsp.
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp.
Oil 1 tbsp.
Mustard seeds ½ tsp.
Nigella seeds ½ tsp.
Salt to taste.
- In a small bowl combine yogurt, grounded sesame& cuminand mix well to make a smooth paste.
- Gently mix in the chopped cucumber , grated carrots andsalt. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the mustardseeds, nigella seeds, green chilies. Fry for one minute.
- Now add the turmeric and chili powders. Mix well andremove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- Pour this into the cucumber mixture, toss gently.
- Add the lemon juice a and chill for 1 hour before serving.
- Topped with mint & coriander leaves and serve cold.