Fenugreekis a spice and a herb that is quite popular in the Indian kitchens. Thefenugreek leaves are aromatic, cooling and mild aperient. The leaves arepopular for their aromatic and unique flavor. Fenugreek leaves are basically akind of green leafy vegetables unless you dry them for storage (kasuri methi). Theseeds and the leaves are well known for their medicinal uses.
It curesdigestive problems, considered as good appetizer, Very good for Diabetes,Healsmouth ulcers, prevents anemia
Multi Grain flour 1 cup
All-purposeflour 2 tablespoon
Chopped fenugreek leaves ½ cup.
Redchili powder ½ teaspoon
Blackpepper powder 1/8 teaspoon.
Jeerapowder 1/4 teaspoon
Hing 2 pinches
Melted Ghee 1 teaspoon
Curd 1 teaspoon
Salt To taste.
Oil for deep frying
- Removethe fenugreek leaves from the stem and wash thoroughly. Chop the leavescoarsely. Microwave it for 5 minutes.
- Sift theflour, add all above ingredients, fenugreek leaves and salt.
- Make astiff dough using water. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Thenmake even size small balls of the dough. Roll out into disc shape of 5”diameter.
- Prick the diamond shapes using a fork to prevent them from puffing up.
- Cut intosmall diamond shapes.
- Heat theoil in a pan, fry the crackers in a slow fire till golden brown on both thesides. Drain on the paper towel.
- Cool andstore in an air-tight container.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the crackers ina well-greased baking tray.
- Bakethem at 180°c for 5 minutes or until they turn golden brown. Let it cool forsome time.
- Storethem in a airtight container.