This is one of the healthiest breakfast delights, which is commonly served in all Southindian states.Last night, I made this dinnerplatter-vegetable idly, tomato chutney and milagai podi (gun powder). Vegetableidli is quite filling; calorie rich food which is good for growing kids andalso keeps us full for long time. Here is the recipe for Vegetable Idli
Idli Batter 2 cups
Grated Carrot ¼ Cup
Finely chopped greenchilies 1 tsp.
Finely chopped Curryleaves 1 Tbsp.
Ground Black Pepper ½ Tsp.
Salt a pinch.
Ghee ½ Tsp.
Oil 1 Tsp.
- In a bowl, add all above ingredients expect oil, and whiskit and make a thick batter and keep itaside for 10 minutes.
- Grease the idli mould withoil and pour idli batter into each mould.
- Repeat these processes till all the idli mould are filled.
- Meanwhile , add about 2 cups of water to the idli cooker and heat it.
- Now place the idli standwith moulds inside the cooker.
- Cover and let it steam for10 minutes till the idlis are cooked.
- Take out the idli standand leave for 5 minutes
- .After it cools down, takethe idlis out with the help of a knife.
- Serve hot with sambhar andchutney.
If you found this post useful, I wouldreally love it if you pin it or share it with your Facebook fans or Twitterfollowers or Google+ circles today. All it takes is asimple click on the “pin it” “like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons below thepost. It will keep me motivated.