1. Urad dal - 1 cup
2. Green chilli - 3
3. Milagu (whole) - 10
6. Oil to fry
7. Curry leaves
9. Chilli powder - a pinch
10. Mustard seeds
11. Red chilli
12. Coriander leaves
1. Soak urad dal for 6 hours
2. Grind ural dal and green chilli with very little water in grinder for 20 minutes
3. Donít make it too smooth, it can be looking little coarse
4. Remove the batter from Grinder and add salt, curry leaves and hing
5. Heat oil in a pan. Make dumpings of the vadai and deep fry it
6. Take water in a pan and add little salt. Put all the vadai in it and soak for 2-3 minutes
7. Now remove a vadai from water and squeeze the water by keeping the vadai between both the hands
8. Keep it on a plate. Do similar for other vadas
9. Now spread them on a plate.
10. Beat curd to a smooth batter. Add little salt, curry leaves
11. Pour this curd over the vada and ensure they are immersed in it thoroughly.
12. Heat oil in a pan and put little mustard seeds, red chilli and curry leaves.
13. Pour this over the dahi vada
14. Take little chilli powder on hand and spray it on the dahi vada
15. Garnish with coriander leaves
16. Leave it for 5-10 minutes before serving.
17. After 5 minutes, they are ready to be served.